Key Watering Information
The Irrigation Schedule now includes Westport and Newtown customers, (Darien, Greenwich, New Canaan & Stamford). The 2 day a week watering by overhead sprinklers still applies according to the schedule. You may use drip irrigation, soaker hoses and hand held watering at any time.
- Sprinkler watering even numbers last digit: 0,2,4,6,8, Sunday & Wednesday 12:01 am -10:00 am or 6:00 pm – Midnight
- Sprinkler watering odd numbers last digit: 1,2,5,7,9, Saturday & Tuesday 12:01 am -10:00 am or 6:00 pm – Midnight
- No address number: follow even number schedule.
For more information visit Aquarion’s website.
Planting Variances Explained
- You can apply for a 5 Week Variance during the planting season. BUT the homeowner will only be granted 1 variance per year.
- You can also apply for a variance for the whole season if you have 2 or more acres.
- If you are granted a variance you MUST reduce your water by 20%. To do this people may need to upgrade their Irrigation clock (smart clock that reads the weather) or fix other problem irrigation areas. Aquarion will be checking to be sure customers are meeting the requirements during the seasons.
A Note About Greenwich
Greenwich is the only town that has a Well Water restriction in place. They can also apply for a variance through the Town of Greenwich.
Contact Gerbert & Sons to discover how a professionally installed and well-monitored irrigation system can help reduce your water use impact on our environment.
For more information, you can download a copy of the presentation given by Jeff Ulrich, Director of Supply Operations for Aquarion here.